“Combining resources and expertise in investigations such as this is true law enforcement teamwork that works to protect the public, keep our communities safe, and improve quality of life. We thank the law enforcement officers who investigated this criminal activity, identified the suspects, served the search warrants and arrested these six individuals.” – CSLEA President Alan Barcelona
STOCKTON – On April 26, 2023, the Stockton Police Department announced the results of a long-term investigation into a criminal street gang robbery crew. The investigation was dubbed “Operation Wild West”.
Throughout the investigation, nine search warrants were served, and six people were arrested for charges ranging from robbery, conspiracy, firearm, ammunition, narcotic sales, child endangerment and gang enhancements.
Those arrested were identified as:
- Eduardo Villalvazo Contreras, 35
- Roberto Elias, 33
- Eric Elizondo, 33
- Juan Ibarra, 26
- Alexandria Cervantes, 25
- Ricardo Alvarez Gonzalez, 23
The investigating agencies included the:
- Stockton Police Department,
- California DOJ Special Operations Unit,
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Safe Streets Task Force,
- San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office,
- Manteca Police Department,
- Lodi Police Department,
- Tracy Police Department,
- Modesto Police Department,
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation,
- and San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office.
"I would like to thank the men and women of the Stockton Police Department and our law enforcement partners for their tireless work on this investigation,” said Stockton Police Chief Stanley McFadden. “I want to reinforce that those groups or individuals who continue to commit acts of violence in Stockton will be identified and become our primary focus.”