The Resource Protection Peace Officers Association (RPPOA) Board of Directors is pleased to report an increased interest in RPPOA membership and participation. As a result the Board has been discussing the development and implementation of sub-committees within our association. These RPPOA sub-committees will function as a pillar in our push to improve working conditions, unify our members and assist in policy, contract issues, recommendations and for the professional development of our diverse functions, mission and duties. An operational budget will be provided and directors will be appointed to the following sub-committees:
1. The BU-7 Contract and Policy Review Committee
2. The K-9 Committee
3. The State Dive Team Committee
4. The Athletic Competition and Promotional Events Committee (which includes Baker to Vegas, National Lifeguard Competitions and IDPA Competition Shooting Team)
5. The Lifeguard and Aquatic Safety Committee
6. The OHV and Patrol Vehicles Committee
7. The Fish & Wildlife Committee
All established sub-committees will be issued a starting budget. These funds come directly from our member dues and can be used to promote the interests, travel needs, equipment, requests and promotion of the sub-committee and RPPOA/CSLEA. These committees may also seek outside funding which will be used at the discretion of the committee. If you are a full member and you are interested in serving on any of these committees, please contact the RPPOA board at: email@example.com. We look forward to your participation.
With regards to membership, the RPPOA board and CSLEA continue to maintain that no back fees or administrative fees will be charged to fee objectors or fair share payers who sign up as full CSLEA members.