By CSLEA Member James Potts
LOS ANGELES - On August 11-13, 2017, four detectives and two detective sergeants from the California Department of Insurance Fraud Division competed in the 2017 World Police and Fire Games dodgeball tournament.
There were a total of 21 teams that competed. The Fraud Division record was 7-15.
Even though we didn't medal, we did pretty good for never practicing and only playing with six guys. Other teams had up to 15 players and would rotate their players. This meant we never got to rest and had to play every game which could last up to five minutes. We had an awesome time and are looking forward to the USA Police & Fire Games in 2018 in San Diego. Our motto was - “If you can dodge a claim file you can dodge a dodgeball”.
The Fraud Division Team:
- Team Capt. Sgt. Vlad Mikulich – Orange Office
- Sgt. Tony Alvarado – North LA County Office
- Alvin Hernandez- Orange Office
- James Potts – Inland Empire Regional Office
- Michael Nguyen- North LA County Office
- Collin Norrbom – Orange Office