SAN LUIS OBISPO - On July 15, 2018, law enforcement officers from several agencies arrested 12 people in Northern San Luis Obispo County during a probation compliance check. Some of those arrested had outstanding warrants, were in possession of drugs, or were in violation of their parole or probation.
The compliance check was conducted by San Luis Obispo sheriff's deputies, along with officers from San Luis Obispo County Probation, Paso Robles Police Department, Atascadero Police Department, Atascadero State Hospital Police Department, California Men's Colony, and the California Department of Corrections Parole Unit.
“State hospital police officers are part of the local law enforcement officer community and can be called upon to assist with calls and compliance checks,” said California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA) President Alan Barcelona. “Arresting individuals suspected of violating the terms of their parole or probation contributes to the safety of our families and our communities. I thank our state hospital police officers for their service to our local communities and our state.”
- Ivan Sandoval Farias, 21, of Templeton, for possession of a controlled substance and outstanding warrants.
- Oscar Romero, 23, of San Miguel, for parole violation.
- Manuel Padilla, 35, of San Miguel, for three outstanding warrants.
- John Ybarra, 56, of San Miguel for probation violation.
- Ronald Coates, 18, of San Miguel, for possession of narcotics and probation violation.
- Jesus Gilr, 24, of San Miguel, for possession of narcotics and probation violation.
- Felipe Palacios, 40, of San Miguel, for probation violation.
- Juan Contreras-Garcia, 40, of Paso Robles, for probation violation.
- Jabus Collins, 21, of Paso Robles, for probation violation.
- Daniel Romo, 24, of Paso Robles, for outstanding warrants and probation violation.
- Lisa Becerra, 46, of Paso Robles, for outstanding warrants and probation violation.
- Angel Garcia, 26, of Paso Robles, for outstanding warrants.