SACRAMENTO - The California Association of Fraud Investigators (CAFI) held a board meeting on February 28, 2019 in Sacramento. In an effort to keep CAFI members updated on items and actions that the CAFI board has discussed and taken, we invite you to check out the bullet points below:
- Contract Proposals: The board reviewed contract proposals that have been submitted by members and other items to be considered for negotiations with the state. Proposals are discussed, researched, voted on, and then written for formal presentation.
- CAFI Board Appointment: The board voted to appoint Investigator Gina Carvalho as the CalPERS representative to the CAFI Board of Directors. We are happy to welcome Gina to the Board. She attended her first board meeting on February 28, 2019. She works out of the Sacramento office.
- Need for Additional Representation on the CAFI Board: There are a number of departments represented by CAFI that do not have a representative on the CAFI Board. If you're a CAFI member and work at one of the following agencies: CDFA, SCIF, FPPC, CHRB, DOT, SOS, Cal OHII - please consider becoming a representative. If you are interested in discussing this opportunity please contact either CAFI President Bruce Todd or CAFI Vice President Julie Lowrie.
- CSLEA Membership Conference: CAFI directors are looking forward to meeting with members at the CSLEA membership conference in Oxnard, CA on March 8 and 9, 2019.
- Upcoming CAFI BOD Meeting: The next CAFI BOD meeting is scheduled for a telephonic conference call on May 22, 2019. If you are interested in attending this call, please let us know.
Please don't hesitate to contact any of the CAFI board members with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your membership, your service to the state, and for your interest in your associations - CAFI and CSLEA.