HEMET- On February 11, 2020, law enforcement officers from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Riverside County Code Enforcement, and the Riverside Auto Theft Interdiction Detail served six marijuana cultivation-related search warrants in the unincorporated Riverside County area known as Aguanga. During the operations, approximately 9,946 plants were eradicated, and 411 pounds of processed marijuana were collected, for a total combined weight of approximately two tons.
Also during the operation, a disassembled honey oil lab was discovered and the apparatus was booked for evidence. In addition, law enforcement officers seized:
- four firearms including one handgun and three rifles, one of which was an SKS assault rifle
- one Kabota Tractor,
- one Polaris ATV
- and two generators
Two stolen vehicles were located on one of the properties.
The following suspects were arrested and booked:
- Israel Yanez, 27, of Garden Grove for Marijuana Cultivation
- Brian Heim , 35, of Aguanga for Marijuana Cultivation and Manufacturing Honey Oil
- Jacob Buckmaster, 44, of Aguanga for Marijuana Cultivation and Manufacturing Honey Oil
- Mitchell Rumer, 32, of Aguanga for Marijuana Cultivation
“Local and state law enforcement officers have their work cut out for them in identifying and searching suspected illegal cannabis operations,” said California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA) President Alan Barcelona. “Thankfully this was an operation in which everyone serving these warrants went home safely.”