RIVERSIDE COUNTY - On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department and the California Department of Fish and Wildlife served seven marijuana cultivation related search warrants at seven separate residences and properties located in the unincorporated areas of Anza and Aguanga.
During the service of the search warrants:
- approximately 5,166 plants were eradicated,
- 950 pounds of processed marijuana was collected,
- and three firearms (two assault rifles and one handgun) were seized for evidence.
The following suspects were arrested for illegal marijuana cultivation:
- Pao Vang, 45, of Minnesota
- Shua Xiong, 39, of Minnesota
- Christian Velasquez, 29, of Anza
- Jairo Serrano-Noriega, 32, of Anza
- Inh Sayaseng, 60, of Anza
“By targeting illegal cannabis cultivation in California, law enforcement officers are working to protect communities from criminal activity often associated with illegal grows, as well as the environment,” said California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA) President Alan Barcelona. “In addition, they are putting a stop to activity in the underground economy which works against licensed operations and California’s economy.”