On Friday, February 17, 2023, the ACE Board met with CSLEA Senior Counsels Andrea Perez and Jim Vitko to discuss bargaining options for upcoming contract negotiations. The board brought the list of concerns from our members to this discussion. This was the first step to prepare for the bargaining process.
Though we still have work to do, we feel great about our options as we move into the deadline for contract proposals submissions. A big thank you to Andrea Perez and Jim Vitko, and ACE Directors Bryan Slade, Logan Forbes, and Alex Luquin. We very much appreciate Jim and Andrea for the support and insight into the process.
Below are items that are being discussed and submitted to CSLEA:
- Span of Control
- Initial Entry Training occurring upon hire
- Post and Bid for special programs
- Geographic Differential pay for high cost counties
- Prevention of displacement of Conservationists by non CCC entities
- Boot Allowance – alongside of the uniform allowance
- R and R after extended emergency assignments
- Nutritional guarantees for Spikes
- Clarifying Out of Class work when department directed
- Various pay differentials for specialized career related training and or education
- Payment for 24 hours of service while assigned to emergencies
- Guarantee for training related to upward mobility and those that are career related inclusive of hard skills training
The other big topic is pay increases. CSLEA is aiding us to navigate this, as this is complicated. We discussed options available, but the bottom line, we wish to ensure our hard work is commensurate of the compensation. We are gathering data from both government and industry where workers are performing the duties that we are performing. CSLEA is working hard for us, we intend to throw everything at the walls that we can with the highest hopes that we can push everything through.
February 28, 2023 is the deadline for contract submissions.
On another note, please consider site representative training. The deadline is this Friday to RSVP for classes that will be held via Zoom. Dates available are March 3, 7, or 9, 2023 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon). Email Andrea Perez at APEREZ@CSLEA.COM to reserve your spot.