PISMO BEACH – On February 22, 2020 the California Association of Regulatory Investigators and Inspectors (CARII) Board held its first board meeting of the year. Items of business included:
- Contact updates and pending actions
- Department meetings & discussions including JLMC
- Classifications task force updates BAR/CSLB (First meeting pending March)
- Membership outreach meetings
- Upcoming election for CARII board (Nominations open in April)
- Scholarships and “CARII CARES” assistance program (applications accepted until May 31, 2020)
- Bylaws updates
In addition, the CARII board recognized CARII Secretary Tim Toy, congratulated him on his recent retirement and thanked him for nine years of service as secretary of CARII. For more on Toy: CSLEA Member and CARII Secretary Tim Toy Set to Retire After 24 Years in State Service.
Due to Toy’s retirement and residgnation from the CARII Board, Michael Coyne was unanimously appointed as CARII’s new secretary.
“We have a dedicated board, with directors who volunteer their time to work on behalf of our members,” said CARII President Tom Ineichen. “Change and improvements don’t always happen as quickly as we would all like when working with our respective departments and CalHR, but this board and our California Statewide Law Enforcement Association (CSLEA) attorneys are committed to achieving improvement where it is needed. This was a bittersweet meeting as we shared news of some headway we are making with some agencies, with our Joint Labor Management Committee meetings, and yet having to say farewell to our friend, hardworking and dedicated Board Member Tim Toy. He will be sorely missed.”
In attendance at the CARII board meeting were:
- Tom Ineichen (DCA-SPCB Specialist)– President
- Amanda Martinez (CSLB – ER II P.O.)– Vice President
- Tim Toy (BAR PR I) – Secretary (Retired & Resigned)
- Ron Headlee (BAR PR I) – Treasurer
- Dwaylon Calhoun (DCA – Inspector II Dental Board of CA) - Board Member
- Michael Coyne (CDFW - Office of Spill Prevention) – Secretary (Newly elected)
- Mario Salas (BAR PR II) – Board Member
- Christine Montano (DCA - DCA Insp. II Barber & Cosmetology) – Board Member
The next CARII board meeting is scheduled to be held in Central California on May 16, 2020.