“The cultivation of illegal marijuana in our state can negatively impact our soil, water supplies, fish and wildlife, consumers, public safety, as well as those who are licensed to grow it. Illegal cultivators often use illegal fertilizers and pesticides which can lead to harm. Law enforcement must continue to investigate this illegal activity.” – CSLEA President Alan Barcelona
RIVERSIDE COUNTY: On September 16th, 2021, personnel from the following agencies served search warrants at six locations in the unincorporated area of Anza related to marijuana cultivation:
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department – Hemet Investigations Bureau
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department – Marijuana Eradication Team
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department – Larry Smith Correctional Facility
- Riverside County Code Enforcement
- California National Guard, Bureau of Land Management
- California Department of Justice (Campaign Against Marijuana Planting- C.A.M.P)
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
During the search, approximately 1,720 marijuana plants were eradicated, and an additional 800 pounds of processed marijuana were seized, for a total combined weight of approximately four tons.
The following subjects were arrested and cited during the search warrant service:
- Anthony Bounkhong, of Fresno, for Cultivation of Marijuana and Possession for Sales of Marijuana.
- Andrew Bounkhong, of Fresno, for Cultivation of Marijuana and Possession for Sales of Marijuana