“Arresting 34 suspects and seizing 19 firearms in one operation during one weekend, score one for public safety. Thank you to the officers, deputies and agents who worked this detail to help keep community members and visitors to Tulare County safe.” – CSLEA President Alan Barcelona
TULARE COUNTY – On June 24-25, 2023, the Tulare County Sheriff’s Office organized “Operation Gold Star”, a multi-agency gang detail focusing on probation and parole compliance checks and arrest warrant services throughout the county to prevent gang violence in and around Tulare County.
Law enforcement officers conducted 47 probation checks, 57 parole checks and more than 100 traffic stops.
During the two-day operation:
- 34 suspects were arrested,
- 31 arrest warrants were served,
- three people were cited,
- 19 guns were seized,
- one stolen vehicle was seized,
- ½ pound of methamphetamine was seized
- an ounce of cocaine was seized.
The following departments participated in “Operation Gold Star”:
- Tulare County Sheriff’s Office,
- California Department of Justice,
- Porterville Police Department,
- Visalia Police Department,
- Exeter Police Department,
- Woodlake Police Department,
- California Highway Patrol,
- Lindsay Police Department,
- Farmersville Police Department,
- Dinuba Police Department,
- California Department of Corrections,
- Tulare Police Department,
- Tulare County District Attorney Bureau of Investigations,
- Tulare County Probation,
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives,
- Homeland Security and Investigations.
The operation covered Tulare County and incorporated cities.